It’s that time of the year and you are moving on to pastures new, but your end of tenancy is just around the corner and you are really hoping that your tenancy deposit will be returned.
There is often confusion over who is responsible to carry out the end of tenancy cleaning but simply it is you, the tenant. If you are hoping to receive your deposit fully then any damages and cleaning issues will need to be addressed before you hand back your keys.
This said, the landlord cannot force you to use a professional cleaning company but if you are not inclined to clean or your standards are just not high enough, let’s face it, how many people enjoy cleaning then I would suggest that you look at this option.
If you decide to let your landlord deal with the end of tenancy cleaning, then you will likely have a large percentage of your deposit deducted to cover the cleaning costs and in most cases, the agent will not have shopped around for comparison quotes.
Below are my top five tips for deciding whether to DIY or hire a PRO:
1. Decide whether your standards will meet the landlords.
2. If you don’t have it already request the inventory.
3. Inventories will describe the condition of the property before the keys were signed over. Work from the original and how the property is now to make sure that they match up!
4. Don’t forget attention to detail. Cupboards not only need to be emptied but they need to be crumb-free and don’t forget to pull out any white goods and clean there too, your landlord or their agent really will look everywhere just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s clean.
5. Decide how big a job this is and make sure that you can achieve the results and, in the timescale, required.
After contemplating these five steps you may decide to hire a professional cleaning company to undertake the work for you. Make sure that you do your research and choose a company that is reliable and recommended.
As your deposit is likely to be a substantial amount of your money you do not want to risk losing it due to someone else’s mistake. Cheaper doesn’t mean cleaner.
Don’t just rely on online reviews, since when do you see a bad review – unless you get to type it in yourself, call the company, ask to contact their reviewer, if they are honest and professional they will happily let you speak with their client.
End of Tenancy Clean
Here at The Professional Cleaning Company we provide an experienced, fully vetted, professional cleaning team to cater to your every need, seven days a week.
Based in central Manchester, we are always on hand to pay a visit to your premises, carefully assess your needs and provide a detailed personal quotation for your cleaning requirements.
The Tenants Voice website has several in-depth articles about End of Tenancy cleaning if you need to know more you can read about it here: https://www.thetenantsvoice.co.uk/advice_from_us/end-of-tenancy-cleaning/
So, if you are deciding whether To Clean or Not To Clean then why not call us today on 0161 307 3373 or visit our website at www.theprofessionalcleaningcompany.co.uk and let us help you.Leave a comment!